Dr. Jeff Meldrum is Teaching a Human Evolution Class that Includes Bigfoot


While the class is a non-credited elective, Dr. Meldrum will be introducing an experimental course dealing with human evolution, and how bigfoot, the yeti, and other mystery primates may fit on our family tree.

POCATELLO — In the upcoming semester, Idaho State University professor Jeff Meldrum will be teaching an experimental course titled The Relict Hominoid Inquiry. Part of that inquiry will address scientific theories on Bigfoot, alongside other links in the human evolutionary chain.

“It’s not a course about Bigfoot,” Meldrum said. “What I’m trying to do is address a shift in perception that’s been gaining traction in the anthropological community.”

That shift involves looking at human evolution as a tree in which scientists are discovering new branches all the time.

“Each year it seems like there are more discoveries,” Meldrum said. “The phylogeny is becoming bushier and bushier.”

The theory is that offshoots of human evolution are recent and could still exist, roaming the earth undiscovered. Therein lies the course’s connection to Bigfoot. Discussion about the Yeti is also referenced in the course syllabus.

“Are we the last hominin standing?” the course description asks. “Or could there be others? … Are these mystery hominoids — the sasquatch, yeti, almas, yeren, orang pendek — surviving branches of a bushy family tree?”

To read the full article, click here. 

Comments

  1. Whoop for tough Texas Bigfeets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What came first? Mike B's interest in Bigfoot or the hordes of them that hang around his farm? Played much?

      Delete
    2. Consult the Old Settlers Diary for the answers you seek young pioneer.

      Delete
  2. ..If I take an infinite amount of zero credit classes, will I have enough credits for a bachelors degree?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My classes on Bigfootology and Balloon Twisitng are always packed, and by making the book I wrote required for the course I can rake in a few more dollars.
      Let's face it, I would sell my thin and hollow soul to the devil himself if it will bring me a few more dollars.

      Delete
    2. You will have enough credits for a bachelor's degree if you set the threshold at zero.

      Delete
    3. Everyone already has a bachelors degree unless you can prove they don't.

      Delete
  3. I am a bigfoot expert and will be holding weekend retreats this spring/summer for the low,low price of 499.99 per adult and 399.99 for kids under 12. Book your spots now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you provide some sandwiches?

      Delete
    2. I have $500 where do I sign up...will you provide toilet paper?

      Delete
    3. Yes to both. We will be exploring the wilds of my backyard on this hunt. So a kitchen and bathroom with toilet paper will be readily available.

      Delete
  4. Nooooooo!!! Here was my chance to follow a real bigfoot expert and actually get a chance to see a real bigfoot and I went and gave all my allowance money to Standing's film. I haven't heard anything since I sent it all to him and I'm getting a little nervous. Mom even calls me a little fool for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then students can take the psychology class on bias and delusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait for the oral exams !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Final exam designed by Rorschach.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story